Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my old truck sold so i have some extra money for gauges. im gonna get isspros with apilar mount. i know to get pyro and boost but im unsure weather i sound get fuel pressure or trans. temp? i did a search and didnt really find what i wanted to know. any imput would be apeciated. thanks

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Towing = trans temp
Performance = fuel pressure

*EDIT: I see you have a G56...in that case, fuel pressure. You don't need a trans temp gauge.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Exactly what awenthol said. Boost, Pyro, and Fuel Pressure.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Go with tranny temp...fuel pressure isn't a huge deal unless you are pushing high horsepower...The tranny temp will let you know whats going on underneath your feet. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
its also good to have a fuel psi guage to keep an eye on your filter and or lift pump. low psi = dead cp3 = $$$$

·
Registered
769 Posts
Go with tranny temp...fuel pressure isn't a huge deal unless you are pushing high horsepower...The tranny temp will let you know whats going on underneath your feet. Just my .02
Im pretty sure he has a G56, so he wouldn't need the trans temp. But if he does have an auto, then I agree with you.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ya it says 6spd so fuel pressure, or just get a 2 gauge pillar and get the bd fuel pressure light as thats only 75 compared so like 250 for one gauge..

·
Banned
393 Posts
I was gonna say Quad Pod...but he has a manuel, so no worries there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
so is it that important to have a fuel pressure guage?

if i have a outlook monitor do i have fuel pressure cuz i dont think i do

and whats a cp3?

·
Registered
338 Posts
i do have injector pressure

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
so is it that important to have a fuel pressure guage?

if i have a outlook monitor do i have fuel pressure cuz i dont think i do

and whats a cp3?
With your mods, a fuel pressure gauge would be a good idea.

A CP3 is the high pressure injection pump.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
338 Posts
ok sweet thanks for the help

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks guys i got the pyro, boost, and fuel psi. thanks for the help

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Ya it says 6spd so fuel pressure, or just get a 2 gauge pillar and get the bd fuel pressure light as thats only 75 compared so like 250 for one gauge..
IMO...no. The light will only tell you if it's at or below 5psi...which doesn't do a person much good.. It could be just at 5psi or it could be at 1/0 or hovering around 6....spend the money on a full gauge..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts