Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

? about limited slip

1702 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  morgan3428
i have a 2009 4x4 with 342s and get stuck everywhere! do these trucks come with a limited slip for a 4x4 or is that an added option. whats the deal. im going in mud but its not that much mud and i know it heavy but still.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Premium Member
1,543 Posts
ARB now makes a selectable air locker for the AMA 11.5 Randy's ring and pinion has them for something just over 1K. I was actually looking into them for my truck.

I have a stock limited slip rear end and I am not very happy with the performace. I like the idea of a selectable locker. That way when you are on the road the rear end is open and you maintain very good road manners.

Home Page:
Randy's Ring & Pinion. The Differential Experts. Auto Parts & Services.

Detiled Page:
Chrysler / Dodge / Plymouth 1 Ton Dodge Pickup Chrysler 11.5 Rear Differentials - Axles & Axle Bearings ,Bearings & Races,Cases & Spider Gears,Installation Kits,Lockers,Positractions,Rings & Pinions,Spools & Mini-Spools,Tools,Yokes,

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Umm I am pretty sure that at least model year 2009, limited slip was standard equipment, not an option. Anyway, these rearends handle slip differently then previous. No clutches. Personally I don't think they work as well as the old clutch style but oh well.

· Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Yep they make one for the front as well and I think that is in the neighborhood of $800.

· Registered
72 Posts
If you still have the factory make and model of tires, that will have a lot to do with traction in the mud and on the street for that matter. I noticed it was so bad that i would have to engage 4wd in wet grass with the stockers.

· Registered
261 Posts
Umm I am pretty sure that at least model year 2009, limited slip was standard equipment, not an option. Anyway, these rearends handle slip differently then previous. No clutches. Personally I don't think they work as well as the old clutch style but oh well.
yup, the Dana limited slip locks much better than the AAM's do. In fact, my Dana axel on my 2000 ram used to hop around corners 2% of the time, and that was just going around easy.

I truly miss those axles. Does anyone know how an easy way to make the AAMs behave the same?

· Registered
60 Posts
yup, the Dana limited slip locks much better than the AAM's do. In fact, my Dana axel on my 2000 ram used to hop around corners 2% of the time, and that was just going around easy.

I truly miss those axles. Does anyone know how an easy way to make the AAMs behave the same?
you might check and see if someone makes a "lunchbox" or 'aussie" type locker for an AAM. That wil ltighten it up and they are not expensive or difficult to put in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.