Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 has 100,000 on the Cummins, and 70,000 on the transmission.

Is that what the 08 has?

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
100K engine, 50K emissions, 36K transmission and everything else for the most part.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the 100k warranty on the engine starts after the 36k warranty expires so its like 136k on the engine, total. Well, if that's the way I read the literature on the Cummins.

·
Registered
13 Posts
On my dodge VIP SUMMARY REPORT. It states..
Basic 36 month - 36k miles

powertrain 84month - 70k

Perforation 60 month - 100k

I would say trans falls into the powertrain, but the way dealers are who knows.

Rich

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also on that report. what i listed above is what the truck started with (new) but it also lists the whats remaining. I would ask a service manager for a print out of the VIP SUMMARY REPORT. it has some good info in it.

Rich

·
Registered
316 Posts
The owners manual warranty page shows nothing about any powertrain warranty. Just the 36K Basic, 100K Cummins and the Federal Emissions Warranty.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The literature that i have from my 08 states basic 36k, 80k eight years on emmisions, 100k Cummins on motor, that 100k period not 136 from what dealer tells me cause i thought them same also and he laughed at me as if they weren't going to try to screw me out of it before then anways, and 70K on powertrain, But like anything else crysler related is pretty much all up to the dealer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts