Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Essington Avenue Auto
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do the kits replace the "out" line from the cp3 to the rail? Or is it just from the tank to the stock bowl then to the cp3? I have a raptor i am going to install but i don't think it has anything for the "out" line on the cp3 going to the rail?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nothing going the rail. That would be called a wild rail ect for those mods. The big line kit is the one from filter to cp3. Doesnt come with raptor i dont believe. Its an additional option, but a good thing to do:thumbsup:

·
Essington Avenue Auto
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do most guys replace the "out" line on the cp3 when upgrading all the fuel lines?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I just did the big line kit to the cp3.I have the airdog 150 I wanted to run through the stock bowl to keep water in fuel light & heater. It depends on what your hp goals are. I have stock injectors I have not been able to drain the rail with airdog & big line kit supplying fuel to cp3. Before the airdog my fuel psi would drop to 3-4psi while towing.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My buddy helped me do mine I did 1/2" lines from tank to fass, from fass to fuel filter housing, from fuel filter housing to cp3, we drilled out the filter housing to 1/2" to do this works great! Just tried to post a pic but forum wont let me I can text you a pic if you wAnt to pm me your number

·
Essington Avenue Auto
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I am going to do...from tank to raptor-fuel filter-cp3 (all 1/2")............but because the "out" line on the cp3 is still going to be stock I was wondering if that was going to negate the rest of the 1/2" lines?

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
I wouldnt think so the cp3 is a high psi pump as long as you supply it with all the fuel it wants then no problem. Until you get big enough injectors to start to drain the fuel rail

·
Essington Avenue Auto
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok that makes sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts