Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my truck Flashed from I think AY to the new BA flash. my truck seems low on power now. I mean the low not so bad but seems like i lost a lot of my top end. also before the latest flash my over head always showed 21.7 on the highway. but now the best i have seen it show is 18.5 mpg.with the old flash i hand figured the highway mileage at 20.3. But i have not had a chance to recheck the milage with the new flash.

OK sorry for the long post. But my question is for anybody that has had the BA flash done. Did you have to run your truck for a while before the truck straighten out. Or did your truck start running better than before right away? I am just trying to figure out if something is wrong with my truck. thanks for any info or help. Thanks Mopar71

·
Registered
160 Posts
Dealership put BA on my truck late last week. Previously had AX. Next morning I headed out with a relatively light (5,000-6,000lb) trailer & load for a 750-mile trip to Moab, UT. Lot of steep mountains, etc. and ran about 60-70mph with a good amount of cruise control.

I really don't notice much if any difference, but I haven't had the trailer off it more than a couple miles around town here. Mileage towing was around 12.0, but before I hit the big mountains on I-70 it was in the 15-16mpg (overhead, which is sorta accurate with my larger tires and uncorrected speedo). I sorta think it shifts a little harder when I'm on it and the low end turbo spool/power delivery is a bit more fierce (both good), but I haven't had enough unloaded driving to notice anything significant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts