Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I already have mine. The instructions say to torque to 50, 95, 120, then 130. Then start truck with valve cover off and let it warm up. Then re-check/torque to 130 again. Then to be easy on the truck for like a week and then recheck. That's off the too of my head due to not having the instructions directly in front of me. So if its not exact my bad...but its close.
Thats about what i was thinking. Except for some reason i had 135 in my head.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm pretty sure its 130...like I said I could be just a hair off but all those numbers are damn close. So it could be 135. It's been like 2 days since I looked at the instructions. Still can't put em in cause my head isn't done.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Michael and I were talking yesterday and I asked the question of torquing them down for the first time when doing one stud at a time. If the factory head bolts are torqued to 90ft-lbs and you put the first stud in and only torque it to 50ft-lbs, isn't that starting out wrong altogether? I read the pdf on ATS' website and it said the same thing, torque to 50, loosen then 50 again and then onto 125ft-lbs. I think I'm going to torque to 100ft-lbs the first round and then go to 125. Check a week later and see if they move. What do you think Dave?

·
Registered
746 Posts
pac_master_7, do you know what size the 12 point nut is? I need to pick up a 1/2 drive socket. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Michael and I were talking yesterday and I asked the question of torquing them down for the first time when doing one stud at a time. If the factory head bolts are torqued to 90ft-lbs and you put the first stud in and only torque it to 50ft-lbs, isn't that starting out wrong altogether? I read the pdf on ATS' website and it said the same thing, torque to 50, loosen then 50 again and then onto 125ft-lbs. I think I'm going to torque to 100ft-lbs the first round and then go to 125. Check a week later and see if they move. What do you think Dave?
I wld agree. If your doing them one at a time you have to match the stock bolts. Otherwise you'll break that seal. I wld chk the current torque on ur head bolts. Regardless of what it is, i'd match it. Then proceed from there. Biggest thing is making sure the threads are clean on both ends..

·
home grown show
895 Posts
Here ya go bub
You can paypal michael or me. Or you can call michael and pay with a cc.

If you do the paypal. either do it as a gift or include the 3 %.

[email protected] is michaels

[email protected] is mine

Shop Number is (859)792-6994
My number is (806)223-9472

Anybody that is ready now. Lets go ahead and get them paid for.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Oh and just a heads up guys. We are making a shipment tomorrow. So anybody that wants theirs on their way needs to get them paid for before tomorrow morning.

I'll have the tracking numbers for you guys tomorrow afternoon...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Ok. I guess I need to eat some crow. We called our distributer Friday morning, just to verify they had them in stock. They had 8 sets. Today around noon when Michael called in to get them on there way, there was only one set. :banghead:

No worries. Unlike ARP, there isn't a backorder. Our distributer had already ordered more sets this morning and they will be there around friday. Then get shipped out the following monday.

Sorry for the delay guys. We had no idea that they would sell that many sets in that time frame. Next time we'll make sure once we start getting interest, we'll go ahead and order em. We just don't stock that many sets.

Once again sorry for the delay. I'll keep ya'll updated on when they will be shipping.

Thanks
Dave

41 - 60 of 78 Posts