Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Exciting build man!! Look forward to seeing your results!! :cool: 馃
Thank you!!! It's getting really close. As you can see motor is in and a few things left to hook up. Couple gauges to install. Drive pressure and fuel pressure. Is a 900 hp truck streetable???..............I think so! Water meth should burn excess fuel and clean up smoke. Excitedly optomistic!!!

Registered
I'm interested on what numbers you put down. Youre running the perfect turbo for a high hp single vp. What I was told is the k31 turbine responds really well to the vp fueling. That's why Monster Pump Mike always put them on his motors. When I had a monster pump I was going to run a k31 as a single. The same person who recommended the k31 to me also recommended 6 hole injectors though. I ran a set of DDP 200s years ago and they made power but alot of smoke.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
Well it's running like a monster!!! Dan fired it up for me and honestly it has never sounded so aggressive.
The exhaust sound was neglible now the engine was a mean beast. For a vp44 truck....all I can say is outstanding and awesome. I don't swear but damn that was awesone!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Well having problems with autometer gauges so glowshift electronic it is.....drive pressure and fuel pressure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I'm interested on what numbers you put down. Youre running the perfect turbo for a high hp single vp. What I was told is the k31 turbine responds really well to the vp fueling. That's why Monster Pump Mike always put them on his motors. When I had a monster pump I was going to run a k31 as a single. The same person who recommended the k31 to me also recommended 6 hole injectors though. I ran a set of DDP 200s years ago and they made power but alot of smoke.
Hey thanks for the info.........I am trying to find parts to add to truck.....what can you recommend. I will be running ddp black injectors that flow 72 lpm. As a side note Dan couldn't hook up fuel pressure gauge or dive pressure gauge. We are doing glow shift electronics gauges instead!]

The truck sounds ridicously good. Super happy with build

Registered
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hey thanks for the info.........I am trying to find parts to add to truck.....what can you recommend. I will be running ddp black injectors that flow 72 lpm. As a side note Dan couldn't hook up fuel pressure gauge or dive pressure gauge. We are doing glow sh0kift electronics gauges instead!]

The truck sounds ridicously good. Super happy with build
I would never have been able to tune out smoke with an edge and my 7x012s. Mainly got the Quad for that and setting up economy tunes. Just more adaptable for daily driving with good power when needed. The stock tunes are no slouch either
The valet adjustment is nice too if someone needs to drive your truck. Keeps them from doing stupid things haha
What turbo were you running.

I can run my Edgeon 5x5 and put the pedal down and all the air cleanes up smoke. You are probably running to small of turbo
Thanks for the response. Sounds like it has great characteristics. I'm only running ~250HP injectors, which works well with what I have, but would probably not be enough to make the Aurora 5000 as streetable as it is for you. If I ever get back around to engine mods, I'll likely go with a twin setup. Awesome job on you truck!
No need to go with twins....this setup drive likes a stock truck. As stated just have to yous pedal control in the shirt to overdrive. When I get on it the amount of air cleans up snokk. I chose edge cause you can shift in the fly. It has been an outstanding addition to [email protected]
I totally agree. With the powerband of VP's you want all the help you can get spooling big air before you're out of rpm's.
I think I've got big air.......the commons consensus is run this turbor with these injector. I never bought into that line of thinking. Big injectors (not huge) and air( big turbo) gets you power. I will agree that I have parts that other don't. Stainless diesel exhaust manifold. Scheid Vp 44 (lightning). Bank ram with dual 625 mill hypersonic nozzles banks grid delete billet tappet cover with breathers. Stage 2 watermeth. Full billett tranny and torque converter and ats billet flex plate. Firepunk Anteater. Mishimoto intercooler.gauges , boost, tranny temp , engine temp. Drive pressure and Snow VC 50 controller dual 7 gallon water meth tanks in bed not to mention a few other things oh Hamilton extreme duty push rods and 103 lb springs hotshot secret engine additive and fuel additive. Colt stage 4 cam and lifter.

Save your money...........it was not cheap.......my only saving grace is that my wife is excited about truck too!!! She likes driving in . I recall years ago 10-12. A guy was trying to pass her on freeway and she put the pedal down and pulled ahead and every time he tried she let him know who was boss.

Registered
Excited to see a video of it running *hint! ;)

Registered
I don't believe so. It's a rather tight on the exh side compared to the s400 stuff making it more viable for a vp truck, is my first thought. Weather or not the turbine gets choked out on the top end would be interesting to see data on.

Registered
Look it up. I may be wrong but if I remember right the k31 has a bigger turbine than the large s300 and the small s400. There's a reason why Monster Pump Mike always put them on the trucks he built. The highest hp I seen one make on a dyno was 800hp. They flow like 95 lb/min so a s369 or s372 might make more power.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
At work today. Put 263 miles on it yesterday and today mix of 25% city 75% freeway. Got 19.80 mpg edge on level 2 including some messing around. At 70 miles per hour edge on level 2 will smoke tires. I know cause I did it.

Also learned today can't get on it for very long on level five as it drains injection pump. Had to bleed air out of lines to get her started up. Runs great but catch can is a problem as it blows oil all over .9 Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Truck Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle Sky Road surface Asphalt Tree Yellow Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Bumper Car Hood Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Light Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Car

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Interesting tidbit of info.......autometer boost gauge and snow boost water meth controller are an exact match on boost pressure. Driving 60-65 miles per hour boost is only 1 to 3 psi, so I set water meth controller to start at 1 psi and full at 25. Max boost at full tilt is right around 50 psi. Also need to do some adjustments on Firepunk Anteater. I think tranny ran better without it. So going to have my budy that runs one help me set the tunes a little better. Shift really hard into second with torque conv. Lock and can't even feel the shift into third. Over drive doesn't engage until 2200rpm 60mph. Kind of annoying!!! We'll get it tuned up better soon!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Fuel pressure at full tilt never dropped below 15 psi. I didn't watch gauge when I ran on level 5. My assumption is fuel pressure was still up but injection pump ran out. Probably will stick with level 3.

Registered
Has it had a chance to seat the rings? Could be your blow by issue. Load is better as far as that goes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Think we found good solution to the cheap catch can problem.........Mishimoto catch can with return line to crank case!?!? Will give update soon! Of course I chose the Red option! LOL!

Registered
Think we found good solution to the cheap catch can problem.........Mishimoto catch can with return line to crank case!?!? Will give update soon! Of course I chose the Red option! LOL!
Routing the return line back to the crankcase defeats the purpose. You might want to check this link for alternative ideas.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
One thing I forgot to mention is there is ABSOLUTELY NO lope at idle. Thought I would mention that for any who want to run bigger cross tubes.
Routing the return line back to the crankcase defeats the purpose. You might want to check this link for alternative ideas.
Well I lost 1 and a half gallons of oil out of the cheap catch can in a little over 1000 miles. The two ports in billed tappet cover are blowing out another of oil. Mishimoto has designed a catch can that filters crank case blow by and allows you to return oil to crank case. How does that defeat purpose????

81 - 100 of 106 Posts