Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engine lights, cel lights and limp modes. limps never good, especially with 10k lbs behind it.

so i recieved some bad fuel about 2 months ago which blew out all my injectors. the dealer said everything else was good to go, but i still have questions of the injector pump possibly taking part of the hit. i fabled to results of the fuel test (by draining and cleaning out the tank, lines, filters etc etc..) and got everything warrantied (which the dealer only put in all new injectors). about two weeks later my trucks engine light came on and the cel. WHAM, with the excavator behind me i was stuck with no power. catalyst display was jumping from 50% to 70% and then it starting going from 90% and then went to full. all in a matter of about 2 minutes of idle as i sat and talked with the dealer.

luckily i have an 02 which is my pride and joy, but sadly i had to let the new one sit in the garage for a minute. the day before i towed her down to the dealer i installed the fass (yes i know, stupid thing to do but i did it in a high tension stress level and wasnt thinking properly)

so the codes thrown were
p1011
p0087
p000F
p1012
p242F
p1451

anyone know anything about this and maybe my actual cause of these problems...

now, my truck was completely trashed before the installation.. but i am not all exactly sure if one, two or more codes were thrown possibly after the install. i do know one is a fuel pressure to high, and one is a fuel pressure too low, and also a diesel performance code...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts