Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after posting here a couple of times and gettin feedback from some of yall i just wanted to say thank you to all who took the time to respond to my questions.

my 98.5 truck had a dead pedal and was throwin a '216 code. i was unsure of what to do or where to go to fix this.
i wound up taking the truck to toxic diesel in st. george, ut. the folks there were very helpful and freindly and that, coupled with what i learned on this forum, helped me get my truck fixed properly.
i got a quality reman vp44, a fass lift pump (my stocker wouldnt make 5 psi at idle!), and a low pressure warning light, (a gauge is in the works) and everything was installed correctly.

the truck ran great and didnt miss a lick on the drive home pulling my 26 ft 5th wheel travel trailer. i have about 275 miles on it so far.:thumbsup

1 question tho... my edge comp is still disconnected and i want to hook it back up without tapping the wire to the vp. can this be done?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep

Yeah you can hook it up without "tapping" the wire,just get a stealth cover from BD.
I'm not sure if anyone else makes them.
It replaces the cover on the VP and is supposed to work better than tapping the pump wire.
BD-Power VP44 Stealth Pump Cover Kit - BD1050201

·
Not like the others......
5,078 Posts
Cool, glad to hear we were able to help you out.
As far as ur question, I'm not quite sure what ur after?? REF>Lancer has given 1 part of the answer if ur wanting to tap the pump itself but not the wire.
The second answer could be.......If you are not wanting to tap the pump itself, or the wire, then yes, you can still hook the Comp up but it will only work as an EZ.........I believe only levels 1 and 2 will be functional for about a 60-65hp gain but nothing over level 2 will function without the pump/wire being tapped. Someone correct me if I have this wrong.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thats right

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have seen the stealth cover deal and that sounds good. the guys at toxic diesel told me i could hook up the comp without tapping the wire but it would only be good to leel three, which would be ok by me. i didnt hardly ever use more than that anyways.

·
Registered
250 Posts
tst products also makes a stealth pump cover if your interested in going that direction
heres a link
VP44 Pump Cover - COVER

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I personally went with the TST pump cover works great... Never had a problem...

Edge COMP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts