Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy some new tires and wanted to get some opinions on what tires people are running and how many miles they have lasted. I want some good A/T tires with the aggressive look. I will be running 285/70/17.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Where are you located and what do you want to use them for? Snow/ice? Dirt/mud?

I was strongly considering the DuraTracs before I settled on the Hankook Dynapro ATM

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nitto Dura Grapplers have been the best for me. 60,000 miles and still got plenty of tread left. If you want more aggessive look at the Terra Grapplers.

·
Cummins Nut
688 Posts

I was strongly considering the DuraTracs before I settled on the Hankook Dynapro ATM
i use them off road as much as onroad
all the above ....mud tires do go offroad but suck on wet roads...
and the other tire to look at is bridgestone dueler A/t revo ....

·
Registered
317 Posts
I put a set of Pro Comp AT's on last August and I wouldn't recomend them to my worst enemy. Within the first 3,000 miles, which was 80-90% highway driving, they were completely chewed up and loosing big chuncks of rubber out of the tread blocks. My truck was freshly aligned when they were put on. They looked like they had 40,000 miles of rock climbing on them. I now have 12,000 on them and tread depth is down to maybe a third. Pro Comps supposed 50,000 mile tread wear warranty is a joke. I've been fighting with them for months. All they keep saying is "it looks like abuse on your part". My a$$! Front and rear both look the same. They won't do a thing. $250 apiece for total garbage. Worst tires and customer service I've ever had.

·
Registered
877 Posts
70,000 on pro comp x-terrains with no complaints other than they suck in snow.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Cooper Zeon LTZ. I got the 265's from Tire Barn here in Indaina and they were $798 mounted, balanced, w/road hazzard and a 50K milage warranty.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I live in east Tennessee and they will be used mostly for daily driving with some off road and what little bit of snow we get in this area. What I am looking for is a good all purpose tire with a nice aggressive look. I have also been considering running 315/70/17 as opposed to the 285s listed on the original post.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I would look at the bridgestone's they make a 315 that is E rated and are supposed to be very chip resistant

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've had my Cooper s/t's for over 25k miles. Still have plenty of tread left. Driving is more pavement than not, but they are quite capable in the mud and muck of fields, farms, and orchards. Traction on wet pavement requires special attention with the skinny pedal. They do fairly well in the snow though. Look fairly aggressive, though road noise is still acceptable....nothing like the Swampers I had before. Also, the ride quality is pretty good for a 'D' range tire. I will definitely buy them again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
BFG at's i have had great luck with these. seem to wear well and had excellent overall performance in all conditions for an AT truck tire.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I live in east Tennessee and they will be used mostly for daily driving with some off road and what little bit of snow we get in this area. What I am looking for is a good all purpose tire with a nice aggressive look. I have also been considering running 315/70/17 as opposed to the 285s listed on the original post.
I'd recommend the Dynapro ATM for those uses. I wouldn't expect them to clean out too well in mud, like most AT's, but they look ok IMO and the price is right. I got my set at $1000 OTD.

Unless you're planning to run a leveling kit, I'd stay away from 315s. Plenty of people have had rubbing problems with anything bigger than a 305 on stock height suspension.

·
Registered
91 Posts
im running the Pro Comp extreme AT's and wow I love them...great in snow....havent had them in deep mud persay..but they get around great in my book!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have had good luck with my BFG AT's 315's. Im not sure why they seem to get a lot of negative reviews on this board. I will be getting a new set soon but I want E rated . I think some sizes of the BFG AT's are now available in an E rated tire .I think only in certain sizes though. Anyone know?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put a set of Pro Comp AT's on last August and I wouldn't recomend them to my worst enemy. Within the first 3,000 miles, which was 80-90% highway driving, they were completely chewed up and loosing big chuncks of rubber out of the tread blocks. My truck was freshly aligned when they were put on. They looked like they had 40,000 miles of rock climbing on them. I now have 12,000 on them and tread depth is down to maybe a third. Pro Comps supposed 50,000 mile tread wear warranty is a joke. I've been fighting with them for months. All they keep saying is "it looks like abuse on your part". My a$$! Front and rear both look the same. They won't do a thing. $250 apiece for total garbage. Worst tires and customer service I've ever had.
That sucks man. Ive bee running those tires for about 30,000 miles with no issues at all. And i'm towing a 10,000 pound travel trailer. Maybe you just got a bad batch. Ive heard of these tires having issues. Maybe I just got lucky. Mine are the extreme ay's. if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you have any rubbing issues running the 315s?

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you got the doe ... Michelin xps a/t ,, is a great tire ,,, 340$ a pop

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you have any rubbing issues running the 315s?
No, not with a 4.5 backspacing and the lift. I did at first when I was running stock rims, even with the lift.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I know you said a/t but my Nitto Mud Grapplers have held up great under some heavy abuse. Got approx. 40K on them and still have 2-3 32nds before they are down to the 2 32nds mark... not bad for a mud terrain.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts