Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

A-pillar problems any ideas

539 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  2004.5ram
The bolts that hold the grab bars on along the windshield are stuck in the inserts in the sheet metal and wont come out. The plastic pieces are trashed which i dont care i will get new ones but i need to get the bolts out but the inserts just spin in the metal posts. Has anyone ran into this problem so any help or advice would be awesome.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5,869 Posts
You may have to rip the A-Pillar off so you can get some vice-grips on the bolt head and then pull really hard while you try to spin the bolt backwards. It's a really stupid design and I had the same problem in the 03 truck I used to have. I actually used needle nose vise-grips to get mine out. If you're lucky that will work and then you won't have to rip the A-pillar off. You could also try pushing really hard while you try to twist the bolt off. Once you do get it off then you may have to get the threaded inserts spot-welded so they stay put...

Good luck

· Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My pillars are already broke so i dont have to worry about tryin to say them. I figured that is what i was going to have to do. Well thanks for the info dodgezilla that is what i was plannin on doin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.