Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys thinks going on? I wake up this morning jump into the rig and it starts right up. then I noticed it sounds like a muscle car with a big cam or something and its kinda smoking. I let it idle and warm up for a few and it continues. Drive a short distance jump on the highway and when I got to work it sounds normal again and no smoke.

by the way the smoke looked like smoke when Im WOT, although it wasnt as thick and it definately smelt like diesel.

·
Registered
555 Posts
sounds like a normal cold cummins start to me!

unless its continuing after being warm. then maybe its just your 370s

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats prolly right, those 370 sticks just smoking! I get a some white or gray haze in the morning and I deleted my heater grid.

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea i agree....normal 370s....delivery valves actually took that away :)

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmmm, I can see that. I have new DV's Also. Probably just the 370's. thanks fellas

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have FTE 435s in my truck and it does that in the morning also....I thought maybe my timing slipped or somthing. I am thinking about getting Full Cut Delivery valves also, but im not sure if this is going to be too much fuel

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have FTE 435s in my truck and it does that in the morning also....I thought maybe my timing slipped or somthing. I am thinking about getting Full Cut Delivery valves also, but im not sure if this is going to be too much fuel
what turbo do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts