Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing your exhaust, don't use a hack saw! It takes FOREVER!!!!!:popcorn:
And when looking for an exhaust, go with something form stan's headers! it is an great kit. goes on easy and only one cut required (with the hack saw)! Next time get a sazall and just hack it way! Other than that my 4 inch turbo back kit went on without a hitch! sounds great and already i can see some difference in the truck! more turbo sound, 2 more psi at wot, lower temps, and a nice exhaust note! couldn't ask for more!

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Next time get a sazall
I thought everyone had one of those. :D

Stans does have a good system.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya dude the kit sounds soooo sick on the truck! i get alot of turbo whistle now!!!!!:thumbsup

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Plasma cutter is where its at
I can't use one of them or a welder anymore.:sad2

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
In late Feb I had to have a pacemaker put in. The amperage I am restricted to when welding isn't even worth turning a welder on. :(

I just hope that the place that made it isn't the same low bidder that Dodge used to MFG the PCM's in our trucks.:rof

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
that sucks man!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
How does the 4 inch exaust fit around the transfer case? Its a tight squeeze. I need to get a 4inch downpipe and intermediate pipe. I have a 3.5 inch intermediate now but a stock downpipe. All the rest on my truck is 4 inch already.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is a very tight fit! i thought i had all the pips in the right spots, but i'm getting a rattle at idle, like when your stopped at a light! so other than that it is great! does anyone else get a raspy sound coming out of the pipe's of this kit! you can only hear it out the tail pip?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Here is the clearence around the transfer case. What you see in that pic is the same amount to the frame rail. BTW don't try a U-bolt clamp here. :rof

Where it comes down by the cross member under the trans bell is just as tight. Mine doesn't rattle or touch anywhere.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks! do i just get some sort of band clamp?

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
NAPA has band clamps.

I used them all the way threw on my exhaust. If you need to take it off or apart for some reason. You can with band clamps. U-bolts most of the time require a lot of heating with a torch to get things apart if your lucky.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya i was able to get the rubbing to stop. i even used the style clamps that came with the kit! I just went down to my local motor trucks and picked up two 4 inch clamps for just about 10 $:thumbsup Now it sounds really good!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts