Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a couple quick questions about this pump....First off, what do they push as far as fuel pressure BONE STOCK? Secondly, where in the world do ya find the banjo bolt for the pump, where does it mount, and were can ya find the appropriate hoses to plug the fuel pressure gauge into??

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
When you say "push" and "VP" I assume you mean on the high pressure side. I don't know specifically, but it doesn't matter because there isn't anything you can do to change it.

On the '01, you should have a Schrader valve on the inlet to the VP44 which you can see as the small red circled banjo bolt in the attached. This is where most people connect a fuel pressure gauge. This is the low pressure side as supplied by the lift pump. You should never see it drop below 10 PSI.

I would contact a forum sponsor and tell them what you have and what you want to do, they will send you a complete kit for the fuel pressure gauge.

Attachments

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
For the Maximum and Minimum pressures are...

10 PSI Minimum at WOT
20 PSI Maximum at Idle

As for a fuel pressure gauge... Here is my setup...
DiPricol Gauges

1 - 3 of 3 Posts