Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if I am overlooking something simple here or if anyone has any good ideas of where to look at least....A/C blows warm air. I took it to Midas and they told me the system was full and that the high side pressure switch was bad. They ordered one in and put it on....but they still couldn't get the compressor to kick on. He told me that they could jump the pressure switch connector and the compressor would start up.

They assured me that the switch was bad even though they put the old one back on and didnt charge me anything. They told me that they should have been able to override everything with their computer hooked up to the truck, but that they couldnt turn the compressor on with the computer either.

I checked the fuses and the lights come on the buttons when I turn the a/c on. I can't figure out anywhere else to look, but I am new to dodge trucks and diesel engines.....Truck is awesome otherwise though...06 Megacab 6spd 5.9L

Unless you guys have any good ideas that will fix it, guess I will gear up to go to the dealership and spend all my money! thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well.....now If I wasn't broke before, now I am. Turns out the compressor was bad. $970 later I have cold air now. It better be cold till I die!:thud:

·
Registered
316 Posts
It might be overcharged this will cause it to blow warm air also, but you say that the clutch is not turning unless they put a hot wire to it, let me think.....okay, have you checked the switch? Make sure that the switch is getting power and then sending power to the compressor. You can by-pass the switch to make it always send power and if that works you know that it is the switch. Let me know what you think and if you think I am up in the night I will think somemore I have to take my little boy on a ride to help him calm down tonight to go to sleep

1 - 3 of 3 Posts