Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with the air not blowing very hard out of my vents. I have put a new blower motor in. Has anyone had this problem, if so how did you fix it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had the same problem. I narrowed it down to the mode door. The blower sounded normal, but not much air would blow out anywhere. It just started working after a couple hours, so I don't know the cause. Try this site for more info: www.heatertreater.net/

Sent from my A200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
4,673 Posts
very common problem with the megacabs.
Blend doors go bad.
there is a screen or divider that can be removed to help.
search for blend door or ac problems

·
Registered
820 Posts
I am working on mine now and after wasting my time getting to the blend door to fix the problem, that was not the problem.....

The problem with the lack of air blowing out of the vents is the fresh air or recir. door just above the blower motor. The blend door (what everyone said the problem was and the fresh air door are 2 different deals) The fresh air door is about a 30 min fix and the blend door is about a 5 hour deal.

Easy way to tell is to remove the blower motor and if it is covered with dirt, dust or anything like this the fresh air door is the problem. Mine was covered with dirt and with the hard ran we just had it turned the dirt into a muddy mess and left a smell in the truck everytime I use the blower.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am working on mine now and after wasting my time getting to the blend door to fix the problem, that was not the problem.....

The problem with the lack of air blowing out of the vents is the fresh air or recir. door just above the blower motor. The blend door (what everyone said the problem was and the fresh air door are 2 different deals) The fresh air door is about a 30 min fix and the blend door is about a 5 hour deal.

Easy way to tell is to remove the blower motor and if it is covered with dirt, dust or anything like this the fresh air door is the problem. Mine was covered with dirt and with the hard ran we just had it turned the dirt into a muddy mess and left a smell in the truck everytime I use the blower.
Whats the easy way to remove the blower and check?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts