Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it engages and disengages continuosly and it makes a loud click each time it does so...the a/c is not very cold and i would like to know what is going on

anyone?

·
Registered
325 Posts
it engages and disengages continuosly and it makes a loud click each time it does so...the a/c is not very cold and i would like to know what is going on

anyone?
the click is normal when it enganges and disengages why its not cold mean you ethier have not r134a left or low possibley a leak some where recharge it and put a dye in the system and then if it getd warm again take a uv light and check the a/c system for leaks

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,627 Posts
you have a leak in the system somewhere.
low freon is the reason its not cooling and why the compressor is cycling on and off.
have it checked out before the compressor burns up.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright..it engages and disengages every 4-5 seconds..i guess i will suck it up and go visit the stealership

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Sound like its low on freon...

Go to Wal-Mart and pick up a freon re-charge kit for about $20-$25 bucks... The whole system hold 1.8 pounds (28.8 Ounces) of freon. So if you pickup 2 - 12 Ounce can you should be set...:thumbsup

A can of freon is like $8- to $12 bucks...:w:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Mine does the same thing,I recharged mine and it did nothing.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,627 Posts
Mine does the same thing,I recharged mine and it did nothing.

you may have the dreaded " door " problem. ive read two different issues on the a/c problems, one is low freon and the other is the evap door is stuck closed .. you gonna take it in and have it looked at ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ac

on my 99 the evaporator had a hole in it and leaked all the freon. had to replace evaporator and the clutch on the compressor

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I dont ever cut on the AC.I always ride with the windows down.That might be why it broke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts