Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Dodge with cummins. Bought this truck last winter and the a/c seemed the be working fine. Now that its warm the air from the driver vents is blowing warm and the air from the passenger vents are ice cold. Tried defrost vents and floor and seem to have the same problem. Have researched this problem and found that certain vent doors in the system can cause the problem but every case I have read about is the driver side cold and the passenger side warm. I checked the freon and is currently the correct level. Also noticed a line at the compressor will form ice then defrost when truck is shut off. I am pretty good at mechanics - do not want to get ripped at the a/c shop. Any suggestions to the root of the problem would be greatly appreciated - Texas heat is a killer. Thanks, Nathan

·
Registered
900 Posts
There is either a response or a thread about this that seemed to describe why Dodge does this and that it is somewhat normal (unfortunately for us). Can't remember the exact response though..... This topic would be a good sticky also!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have not figured out the problem, and working 7-7 Mon-Fri I never have time to get it in a shop. If anyone knows the thread to help fix the problem please let us know. Thanks - Nathan

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mine is just opposite.. Cold on drivers side warm on passanger.. I would love to know how to fix it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
ac

check or have the freon level checked most likely just low, I had the same problem with the warm on driver cold on passenger side, my freon was low topped it off eliminated the problem

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just having this same problem (but cold driver's and warm passenger's side) and checked the max A/C running cold side pressure and it was only 25psi. After adding freon until it was 35psi, the passenger side is now nice cold again. That being said, now the driver's side is really cold. If I felt like wasting fuel, I'd test the temperature on both sides, but I don't. If I had to guess, the passenger side is 50 degrees and the driver's side is 40 degrees. Perhaps this is an underlying problem that will get worse with time, I don't know.

·
Registered
399 Posts
noob alert, where is the cap to add the freon?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Our trucks have 3 doors in the A/C. You have to replace all 3 doors if you want it like new... You will have to pull the dash to the fire wall. I have a guy that has been fixing these for years!! He can do it for around $400 if you live in Texas. (Dealer is around $800.00 or more)

Don't listen to anyone else about it. TRUST me. I replaced everything on my A/C just to find out that I had 3 broken doors!!! Could have saved some SERIOUS CASH!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
noob alert, where is the cap to add the freon?
On my truck it is on the passenger side very close to the firewall and fender well (ie, if you are looking at the engine compartment from above, it would be the top left corner). An easy way to differentiate the cold and hot side valves is to run the engine and crank the a/c. Assuming you have a fair amount of freon, the cold side will get very cold. These days, you can't accidentally try to fill from the hot side because the adapter won't fit, but in the old days, that was a serious issue since the hot side can cause your freon can to explode.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.