Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

2008 3500 cummins 6.7 200k here. I believe my orfice is plugged up and needing replacement, and my condenser is quite beat up so I have decided to replace it also. So the three things going in are a condenser, liquid line and accumulator. My question is what should I do about the oil level in the system now? I assume some will be lost in the three components and I am unsure of what should be added, what are your takes on it? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys,

2008 3500 cummins 6.7 200k here. I believe my orfice is plugged up and needing replacement, and my condenser is quite beat up so I have decided to replace it also. So the three things going in are a condenser, liquid line and accumulator. My question is what should I do about the oil level in the system now? I assume some will be lost in the three components and I am unsure of what should be added, what are your takes on it? Thanks!
If anyone wants to know I finished the job last week monday. Maybe this will help somebody with their truck one day. I believe my issue was either a plugged orfice or the condenser, upon removing the old condenser and opening the new one the old one look massively oversized. I also found two connections that were not even pushed in all the way and the plastic safety clips were the only thing holding it together lol (no leaks even though they were not all the way in). Everything went in fairly well and I pulled about 29.5 psi vacuum on it for 45 minutes afterwards. During some research I found someone say that 4oz of oil was enough for the parts they replaced, so I did the same.

Added 4oz of Pag 46 to the new accumulator
Pulled vacuum 45 minutes and ensured no leaks
Added 3 12oz cans of straight Freon
Pressures at idle with fan on- 30psi low side, 185psi high side (I am sure i could use a touch more freon as this is south florida and the ambient air temp is around 90 most days, but its working well and its cold)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts