Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 im getting a pyro with the new chip im getting and im wondering where the best place is pre or post turbo. if pre what are the tips to drilling and tapping without getting the filings in the turbo. If pre turbo what side of the divider should i plumb the pryro into (the front or back?) what are the differences between the two also? (post or pre)

2 what is the safest/highest temp i can run with my truck as far as egts. What are the safest for a 1st gen and 2nd gen 12v.

3 Im getting a 60-65 horse bully dog chip/boost fooler/monitor. i believe it will be a 3 stage set up and im wondering what will be the best setting to drive it daily on?

·
Boiler up!
2,450 Posts
id say pre turbo in the manifold for tapping, safest temps are probly anything under 1400 (i peg my gague at 1600 all the time tho) and i dont know about the bullydog.

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,245 Posts
safest driving 40-60 horsepower is fine, your not going to go over 65 unless you tap the pump, as far as egts, i would keep them under 1300* you can go over but not for long, i wouldnt sustain that temp... drill the pyro pre-turbo, the temps will be hotter from the rear 3 cylinders, grind the spot just to get the rust off the manifold, use a center punch to mark a spot, and start with a small bit and work your way up keep the shavings small, and take your time the bit will pull most of them out, and if not if you just use small increments when you increase bit size, they should be small enough to pass without damage with what the bit dont pick up, after your done let it idle for a second before you take off, and blow the tiny pieces out... when you drill it out, your final hole should be a 1/8in npt...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.