Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas a guy brought me his truck to check it it has no power and is giving an map sensor code. there is no map sensor on this truck. He took the truck and got the engine built by another guy and the problems start. It starts up and runs fine just has no power at all. Also it has about 8psi of oil pressure when hot. do i need to check compression. any help would be great.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry to hear that but it don t sound good.

·
Registered
253 Posts
does it knock? smoke? oil still brown?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
There is a MAP sensor. Called a boost pressure sensor. When mine went out I got a few MAP sensor codes, it threw the truck into defuel mode. The result was no power or acceleration, I could maintain speed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does not knock or smoke. i will replace the boost sensor monday. what about the oil pressure

·
Registered
361 Posts
A bad MAP sensor (boost sensor) would definetly cause some problems like low power, the ECM reads how much boost there is and fuels accordingly

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think the engine was built to good. what do u fellas think about the 8 psi oil pressure?

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
I dont think the engine was built to good. what do u fellas think about the 8 psi oil pressure?
that really dont sound good what gauge are you useing? try a manual gauge if you havent allready:thumbsup

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The gauge on the dash shows about 25psi. My otc scanner shows 8psi. i will check it manual though. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hooked a manual gauge up truck has 40psi cold at idle when it runs for about 20 minutes it drops to 8psi. Im going to pull the engine and see what he done wrong. what do u think?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Has he got the right oil in it? Did someone put some gasser oil in it like 0W20 or something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts