Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a 5in suspension lift...I have been looking for a 3in body lift also. I cant find one anywere..all of them I find say it will NOT work with a diesel engine..does anyone have a body lift on there 2nd gen? if so were can I find one....Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Body lifts look like ars and if more than an inch just plain suck in general. Save yourself the headache and hassles and don't bother. If you can't find one for a diesel equipped truck, there's probably a reason for it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
People say they suck and have no purpose but many off road enthuisast put on body lift in order to keep the tires from rubbing on the body when fully flexed to the frame. I have one on a 3rd gen and it was suggested by Lavender brothers of central cali who is also part owner of 4 wheeler mag. He suggested it so its on. There are companies that make them for diesels but they are a pain to put in. My was made by them and ive had it on for 2 years and i have had absolutely no problems what so ever. And it does its job perfect. Ive had this thing on trails at moab at least once a year and when the suspension is flexed all the way it still wont rub the body and also keeps the body a little further up from the rocks. They say its messes with the air flow threw the coolers up front but that can easily be fixed. It is nice but be ready for some major migranes

·
Registered
204 Posts
And they are less destructive to the body and cab mounts over time. I had a 3" BL in my Jeep and it all but destroyed the body mounts from the increased leverage on the mounting points. A full size truck has a lot more frame flex than my CJ so I can't see it being any better in that situation.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
thay are bad news..it moves th bumper up in front of the intercooler which causes heat problems..ty to avoid..if you want to upgrade to 7" let me know and ill buy your lift:thumbsup

·
Registered
331 Posts
I remember seeing were someone put a 3" on a 2nd gen diesel. The intercooler moves up with the body and u get a 3" spacer for the intake elbow on the drivers side. Can't remember all the details about the install.

I have had body lifts a few rigs of my own and helped install numerous others. If done right and use a quality kit that addresses the major issues, a body lift is not a bad mod at all. Some say u are moving your cog higher, but u are actually keeping it lower than a suspension lift would. I remember the picture i saw of the 2nd gen with the body lift and it really wasn't noticable at all. Keep looking around u will find what u need.

Actually it would probably be about as cheap to upgrade to a long arm kit and install spacers in your suspension for the extra lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts