Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know how else to describe the above...but it started to kind of miss under load on the freeway.
here is the situation... Just got 1/2 tank of diesel, headed out on freeway. I had about 3/4 ton of lumber in the back, but that should not have caused the issue. i was traveling at abuut 70 when i noticed the truck bucked when i stepped on the throttle. it got worse and worse until i could barely make 60 mph, already 100 miles from home. decided to try to baby it very easy in second gear for the last 50 miles. I let it set over night, started ok even though 12 degrees outside. drove around the block just above an idle. seemed a little better. next day took it for 40 miles round trip very easy at 50mph for a ton of wood pellets. seemed better. On 3rd day drove 150 miles back to the city and the truck ran better and better. Stomped on it near the off ramp and the turbo, boost, and engine acted normally. I am still worried that something is wrong and need some advice where to look first. What could cause this?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Sounds like you bought a little water. Buy yer fuel somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I agree with Clunk, better drain your water separator frequently until you burn thru the tank. I would also check codes to be certain nothing else going on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts