Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 99 2500 and the transmission is not stalling when i put it into gear. It slams in reverese and almost dies and when you put in into drive it dies. I can give it gas and slam it in and it goes down the road and revs out first and skips second when you let out and ease back into it. It will go into second on downshift. Overdrive switch works and it seems to go into overdrive and third fine. To me i would think the torque conver is in lock up and not allowing it to stall upon putting it into gear. I checked for corrosion on the fuse block and found nothing and replaced the two solenoids that come in a pack, filter and fluid. everything is clean in the tranny and nothing looks damaged. The batterys both had loose connections so i repaired them. the codes present were all to do with low voltage or voltage. I know this is a common problem with this truck to if anyone has any help they could offer on this it would be greatly appreciated. Im ready to drive this truck down the road!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts