Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my first post i have a 98 12 valve all stock just stoped charging and trans stuck in 3rd limp mode has codes check them outall leads to pcm. For the good news cant find one anywere not even dealer or reman called people that rebuild them nobody wants to do it. any ideas would help can i use another year 96-97 Thanks

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Lemme guess, your cruise and a/c don't work either. What about your tachometer? If these things have stopped working then I'd say that your crankshaft position sensor is either bad or has bad wiring attached. I'm hoping that's what it is, as it's a lot cheaper to replace that sensor or fix the wiring associated with it than it is to get a pcm. It could also be a bad ground to the pcm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all other gauges work fine tach speedo fuel all grounds check ok

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
'98 PCMs only work on '98s, no swapping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any trouble codes from a scantool? What about grounds?

·
Registered
916 Posts
bump.... any help or suggestions is appreciated

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i put in post it had codes and all points to pcm also all grounds good but thanks asking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks been on phone with them for 2 days they took my order and than called me back today and said they didnt have that pcm very rare they want me to send my pcm to them but dont know what it will cost know

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes and i was also told because of midyear swap to 24 valve they only made 98 12 valves for 4 months can get one from dealer for 585.00 my shop price but not till end of next month if i pay up front and order now.theres only 23 being shiped out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Call down to Sun Coast Transmissions. The owner of that company was in the process of working on the 98's so the transmissions would work "right"..... he may have a spare he will sell you... just be prepared for :spank:

the 98 - 02 have the 47RE trans... the 24 valves have many more inputs to tell the trans to shift... stay put... what ever... the only real input the 98's have is the TPS (throttle position sensor) which can be a PIA... and best to do the "home made" TPS

Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts