Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my father in law is on his way on a hunting trip pulling a camper and he said he is getting a miss going up hills and it seems to be getting worse. It has been raining and snowing here in new mexico. Hopefully he just got some bad fuel and he said he changed the filter about a month ago. He hardly ever drives it but when he does he's usually pulling a load. He's got an edge 40hp I believe. He's got a guage on the lift pump and says the pressure is running where it usually does. I told him to drain the water separator and add some powersevice to the fuel. Any other Ideas?:confused013:

· Not enough $$$
312 Posts
I would start by putting a new filter in. I realize it says it was changed within the last month but if he got bad few more than likely the filter is plugging. Also I don't know what the temperature is where is going and where he was coming from. Possible gel situation?

· Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would start by putting a new filter in. I realize it says it was changed within the last month but if he got bad few more than likely the filter is plugging. Also I don't know what the temperature is where is going and where he was coming from. Possible gel situation?
I thought it might possibly be a gelling problem but he said the temp down there is around 40 degrees. It has been warmer lately. It is usually around 10 at night.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.