Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 98.5 cummins with a good suncoast trans but it has been shifting in and out of torque converter for some time now for a while I would reset batterys and that would fix it but now it's constant any idea's I'm guessen tps but I also heard something about a wiring harness???

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Read the T C Lockup thread at top of thread. No one fix cures all and you have to get hands dirty. Batteries, alternator, and wiring are the biggies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks I just called suncoast he said the same thing and if that don't work I guess I'm goin torque converter lock up switch and be done with it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. I have the lock up switch and that would keep it locked at highway speed. However, in town, stop and go, that isn't and option. So, cleaned the battery terminals and that didn't do it. Pulled codes and found some codes.

Pulled the alternator and had it checked. It put out enough volts, but had an internal diode that was bad. Put in a new alternator and that fixed my problem.

John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok maybe I will try that it's definetly Getten so bad that I want to drive it threw a tree on the highway lol I did do new batterys and that didn't help so any info is good!! Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts