Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys...hope u can help me out. I bought a 97 last fall and I am not much of an a/c user until it gets like 90 out. Since I never really used the a/c till this Spring, I do not know if this is a new or old problem. When you are at a red light, the truck will stall ifin drive and the a/c is on. Before I bought the truck, the previous owner had a new injection pump installed. I am told by a friend that teher should be some sort of electrical solenoid on it that might not have been hooked back up correctly that is suppose to bump the idle up when you turn the compressor on. Any help? Thanks

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yep, sounds like a little bump on the idle will fix you up, I bet most guys on here went through the same thing, its really common

·
Smells like Bananas
7,240 Posts
Maybe the alternator is going out? Compressor draining too much power?
A 12v dont need 12volts to run. Just to start it and to run your lights, a/c, radio and stuff like that. Its not like a CR.

PumpJockFL

What is your engine idling at. what rpms. I have mine set to 800 RPMS. A quick test that you can do if its idling to low. put it in drive, stand on the brake. Idle up real fast and let off quickly. If it dies you need to reset the idle to higher rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts