Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am currently looking to upgrade a 96 12v with the nv4500. i was wondering what mods i could do to it to really help things out. i am getting gauges, i am probably gonna get a BHAF, truck has a 4" exhaust already. i was wondering if there are any turbo mods i could with out changing housings or anything ( clamping waste gate line?)? and also any fueling mods that are cheap. i know i can adjust the star wheel but i don't know which way to turn it and also how far ( will it actually increase power or just smoke?) and i know i can grind the fuel plate down but i don't know how much to grind or weather it will help or kill millage.

thanks
thomas

·
Registered
701 Posts
i am currently looking to upgrade a 96 12v with the nv4500. i was wondering what mods i could do to it to really help things out. i am getting gauges, i am probably gonna get a BHAF, truck has a 4" exhaust already. i was wondering if there are any turbo mods i could with out changing housings or anything ( clamping waste gate line?)? and also any fueling mods that are cheap. i know i can adjust the star wheel but i don't know which way to turn it and also how far ( will it actually increase power or just smoke?) and i know i can grind the fuel plate down but i don't know how much to grind or weather it will help or kill millage.

thanks
thomas
YOU CAN disable your wastegate and that will give you extra boost and its fun, but id look into another turbo if you want to push it past 35psi for long. If you want to get more preboost fuel you can turn the wheel towards the block, and you can grind or slide your plate back. but to answer your question, adding more fuel will never give you more mileage if you USE more of the go pedal. guys on here will tell you they gained or lost but i agree with the latter just because its just to much fun with the extra power. once that wears off you can still have the extra power when needed but maintain your current mpg.

·
Registered
205 Posts
To make add fuel sooner turn the top of the starwheel away from you. (Counter clockwise, from the front) This will increase smoke at lower boost levels.

Pull the afc housing and slide your fuel plate forward and/or grind plate down a bit.

Dont clamp off the wategate, get an adjustable elbow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts