Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have a 96 3500 4x4 dually nv4500 ext cab long box. i need some idea's to do to it. it will be a daily driver but also meant to fool around in the dirt and tow a trailer often.

my idea's were convert it to single rear wheel. get a carli starter system then put some 35's on it.i don't know what rims/tires would look good and suit my purposes. i also don't know what to do to the motor to get some healthy horse power out of it.

this is what the truck looks like currently.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Changing from dually to single would be a chore. Body work too because you would be removing the hips I guess. Would look goofy if not. A tonner needs the duals to haul the weight. Wheels are a matter of taste. Start looking at other rigs here and on the street. Tires may need a lift to fit, lots of work. But if you like wrenching, go nuts!

So many things to mod the engine. Classic things available: air, fuel, exhaust. Start reading up on filters, boost, EGTs, fuel plates, big pipes or stacks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts