Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was on the side of the road with a buddy with his 95 12 valve. While it was running we checked all over for a fuel leak but there weren't any. We cracked the injectors and the 2nd inj. form the front had air in it and did not seem as pressurized as all the others and then nuber 6 also did the same thing. We bled the inj. pump lines that went to 2 and 6 and they also had air in them. All that has been done to the fuel system is a new mech. lift pump but if there were a problem with that I would be getting air in all the lines. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...bump...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You most likely have an air leak somewhere. Email me at [email protected] for the current version of my 12 valve fuel supply system write up, how it works and how to fix it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a leak cause only the #2 and 6 delivery valves develope air?

·
Cummins Power Addict
1,040 Posts
That would depend on where the leak is, so yes it could.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wouldn't air get in on the draw side of the pump not on the push or pressure side?
I would suspect fuel blasting out on the pressure side of the system.

Check the fittings again at the pump because that's the unit that was altered.:confused013:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn't air get in on the draw side of the pump not on the push or pressure side?
I would suspect fuel blasting out on the pressure side of the system.

Check the fittings again at the pump because that's the unit that was altered.:confused013:
Yeah you would think I just don't understand why air only comes out of the same 2 spots on the I.P. and not all 6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts