Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother rolled his truck in July and was killed from as a result of being ejected, I'm beginning the rebuild on his truck on my next days off in January. My main question is will a 95 sclb cab fit a 99 sclb without major modifactions to the firewall? I can weld and have a great body guy lined up to paint it, but I would like to do as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also I'm in need of b pillars for a single cab I anyone can point me in the right direction! TIA everyone!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Change the dash and wiring. The rest is the same or close enough if you keep the interior in the 95 cab. There may be a difference in the seats but that is minor. The cabs, nose, and bed are the same from 1994 to 2002. The interior changed some. A lot of guys are putting the 1998-2002 cabs on their 1994-1997 trucks. It should work the other way also.

Just keep your VIN numbers in mind before swapping cabs. You may need a state issues VIN for the new assembled vehicle so keep receipts for both trucks.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on switching everything over to the 95 cab, my main question is with the hvac system, is the assembly the same or is it different from 95-99? The 95 is a bare cab now and I've ha it for quite sometime. Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
489 Posts
The cab will go on. The 99 seats will not bolt to the 95 floor without modification use everything from the 99 cab as far as dash goes the 95 and 99 hvac boxes are different you will need to use the 99 so you can keep the 99 dash and 99 heater controls. Sorry for your loss man that's a tragedy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you nornevada1stgen! Will the heater box bolt right up though need seen behind a 2nd gen 24v all I've ever had was 2nd gen 12vs and common rails.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thank you nornevada1stgen! Will the heater box bolt right up though need seen behind a 2nd gen 24v all I've ever had was 2nd gen 12vs and common rails.
In theory they have to I've swapped a 96 box into a 01 cab so it should go the other way you may be stuck with 94-97 seats though they're a pain to swap

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's getting 4th gen longhorn seats, no expense spared on this truck, I'm also doing a sweet setup under the hood, it's getting, DDP 150s, dragon fire vp, steed speed manifold with 351/ht3b compounds, arp studs, crazy carls intake mani, South bend dd, airdog 2, frontier gear bumpers. Everything is sitting there waiting for me to get home.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sounds like it'll be sweet man I'd love some pics

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother, that's tragic man. Glad to hear you're restoring his truck tho, sounds like it's gonna be an awesome tribute to him. Please keep the updates coming man, I'm sure everyone would love to see the progress.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do t have my laptop with me this trip to work but I fly home the first and will post some up, I wasn't goin to buy it back and do anything with it. But my youngest brother told me it would mean a lot to him so I did. It was the hardest thing gettin the call wen I was up here working and having to drive home. Then going to get the truck was a whole other story. No doubt about it my littl brother will have the fastest truck at school haha

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not to mention I still haven't finished. My 79 crewcab fummins project we started.

·
Registered
489 Posts
At least you guys will have something to bond with,remember your brother by, and haul a bunch of a s s in I'm sure your brother will be looking down

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts