Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is the conversion?

...the current truck is a v10 3500 dually 2wd extended cab...i can get it for about 4500 bucks

i have access to a 24v cummins 50k miles with an allison tranny...what is this worth?

·
Registered
680 Posts
do it. can't hurt.. lol I'm assuming this motor/trans is coming out of a box van or motorhome? It will not have the same ecu as the dodge/cummins version. It will be a full cummins and you will be able to hook a laptop to it and change parameters and stuff. Would be a very cool build

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sounds like a cool build but why dont you just sell the gas truck and buy a diesel then you can build the diesel. that way you know that its a soild truck when you buy it and its a good starting place to build what ever you want out of it. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
If he is anything like me this way is more fun and presents a changlne. Sounds like a very cool swap. I would go ahead and do it. You will need the diagrams for both vehicles. The electrical will be the hardet part but doable.

·
Registered
258 Posts
V-10 truck can usually be had from 1/3 to 1/2 the price of the diesels. This conversion had crossed my mind a few times before I decided on my Ford crew cab.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts