Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 93 d250 was thinking about putting a P pump in my truck. Just wondering Pros/Cons or if I even need to worry about it. Have an HE351 turbo to put in it and some injectors. Would it compliment those? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
570 Posts
You really only need to invest in a p-pump for big power imo. The VE will handle up to 400+hp in stock form.

If you're doing an he351 and injectors I would keep the VE pump and just make sure you get a good lift pump since the stock one will run out of fuel pretty quick.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,832 Posts
Have a 93 d250 was thinking about putting a P pump in my truck. Just wondering Pros/Cons or if I even need to worry about it. Have an HE351 turbo to put in it and some injectors. Would it compliment those? Thanks in advance.
The free mods to the IP will give you alot of power. Free flowing exhaust and open up the stock air box so it can breathe better will also help.

I have a P-pump 12v and a VE 12v and would keep the VE 12v over the P-pumped engine any day.

·
Premium Member
20,832 Posts
Put that turbo and some 5x12 injectors in then do some of the free IP mods and you'll be happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have the same truck and added an Airdog with 15PSI according to the sticker on the pump, Was going to order the Denny Fuel pin with governor spring and advance the timing on the VE. Need to check the lash on the valves and will have the 4" exhaust added with a compatible TQ converter for whatever Automatic that's in this thing.
Question: I picked up some used 5x12's should I get them tested?
Question: What turbo.........HX35?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,832 Posts
I would especially if you got the 5x12's cheap, hx35 works good with what your planning. The Hungry Diesel Fuel pin is better then a Denny Pin.

·
Premium Member
20,832 Posts
Paid 50.00 for the 5X12's Good to know thanks, Happy New Year OldRam.
You bet i'd have them checked out, are you aware of 2 different sizes of injectors for the 1st Gens?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The significance of the fuel pin is diminished with the gov spring, bigger injectors, and quick spooling turbo. I could probably go back to the stock one.

Injectors need to have come from a VE pump engine to have the right pop pressures, and from an intercooled Dodge to have correct spray angle and injector tip diameter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea, I'll have to double check with him on what dodge he pulled them from, thought he said first gen, yea weren't the injectors different between the transmission types on the first gen and I did forget about the pressures.still need to get the gauges added so that I can tell whats happening.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Definitely swap on the HE351 with a full 4" exhaust including the downpipe and some 5x12 injectors before going to a P Pump. It is like a whole different engine then.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ill agree i had industrial injection max out my pump. I have ddp stage two injectors, a hx35 with pusher intake. Along with an airdog, 5spd getrag and a 3rd gen rear axle with 3:73. The truck moves. I mean its not a race car but heck it gets around really well and sounds like a beast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts