Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a 1992 w250 rclb on Craigslist. I'm going to look at it this weekend and wanted to know what I should look for. Its has 140k on the clock and needs brakes all around, and a rear end seal. All he wants for it is 2500. Any ideas? :confused013: Thanks!

Dave

·
Registered
252 Posts
Auto or manual? Is there anything done to it or is it stock? Ask if the killer dowel pin has been tabbed. Check for leaks in the rear axle seals. Look for rust on frame. The rest is just checking like you would check out a regular car for sale. Drive it and see how it feels. I know there have been people in the past who have asked this question. Try using the search tool and you will be able to find the answer to your question that many people have already answered. If you cant find the answer in the search tool, you can look at my previous post and youll find one or two theads where I and a couple others answered questions similar to yours. Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Auto or manual? Is there anything done to it or is it stock? Ask if the killer dowel pin has been tabbed. Check for leaks in the rear axle seals. Look for rust on frame. The rest is just checking like you would check out a regular car for sale. Drive it and see how it feels. I know there have been people in the past who have asked this question. Try using the search tool and you will be able to find the answer to your question that many people have already answered. If you cant find the answer in the search tool, you can look at my previous post and youll find one or two theads where I and a couple others answered questions similar to yours. Hope this helps. Good luck.
a518 tranny, he says it's rusty but solid. already know the brakes are gone. rear axle seal is shot. needs new one. Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would also check the u joints and carrier bearings on the drive shaft. Mine were bad when I bought the truck, not that they were to costly just takes time to put them in. I would also check engine mounts, smell the oil, and check trans fluid (as always).

·
Registered
147 Posts
Be sure to check the rear engine seal for leaks (engine oil dripping from bell housing), slack in the steering, rear axle seal out could mean the bearing and axle too $$.

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Does it run?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went and looked at it, wasnt worth $250. Started, knocked, leaked oil, bad tranny and no body left due to rust

1 - 8 of 8 Posts