Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

92 w250 shut off soleniod cable installtion details

1373 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  tmac
got that 92 that wont cut off unless i choke it out with the basketball, im interested in the cable deal but need more details.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
on the injector pump on the left side of the motor you will see a lever pointing at about 7 oclock... push it towards the rear of the truck... that is the manual shut-off lever that you attach a cable to... you can use that lever instead of your basketball

· Registered
1,971 Posts
Can you see where this is? Just below the throttle linkage. Just hook the cable to one of those holes. I used a short 1/4-20 bolt and nut and wrapped the cable around the bolt to keep it in place.

I just ran it as straight as i could into the truck, not hitting anything else in the engine compartment. It looks like this inside of the truck.

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you see where this is? Just below the throttle linkage. Just hook the cable to one of those holes. I used a short 1/4-20 bolt and nut and wrapped the cable around the bolt to keep it in place.

I just ran it as straight as i could into the truck, not hitting anything else in the engine compartment. It looks like this inside of the truck.

i know what your talkin bout i turned the truck off an tryed to hold it back but nothin happened im thinkin somethin is up with the plunger in the soleniod the guy i bought it from siad the pump was turned up but i dont know how much and the 2 wires arent hooked up i tryed to hokk them up an still nothin bout i preciate the help im new to the cummins scene and jus to let u kno my truck looks exactly like your blue and all

· Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you could try and get a new plunger if you want it to work off of the key but it might not work like that very long unless you turn your pump back down.

$10 Magnetic Valve (Start/Stop Solenoid) for VW Diesel Injector Pumps. VW Diesel TDI
i dont mind the pull cable method but this mornin i couldnt get it to start so now im tryin to get it to crank it acts like a bad terminal connection but i cleaned them still nothin im thinkin maybe a relay somewhere but i dont know where they are on these dodges never owned 1 b4 i need to get a haynes manual!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.