Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up? I am just wondering about the price of a hx35 out of a 96 3500 with 150,000 on it no shaft play what so ever and the stock injectors out of this truck. The kid is asking 200$ for the injectors and 500$ for the turbo but i know the turbo isnt worth that much. whats everyones opinion? i just wanna make more power and he just upgraded his turbo and injectors and i want to purchase those from him.

· Registered
68 Posts
Better check n see if those injectors will work.I have read on another site that they will not cause of the opening pressures.The VE pump makes lower pressures than the later pumps.

· Registered
1,156 Posts
If you have $500 to spend on a turbo, get a used HX40. I wouldn't waste my time with an HX35, as it is barely bigger than your stock turbo.

As for the injectors, are they stock 2nd Gen injectors? If so, pass.

· 1ST GEN
11,547 Posts
Pass on both items.

The turbo is way over priced.

The injectors won't work with the VE pump. The spray angles are different on the tips. The pop presures are a lot higher than the VE can handle. The threads for the fuel line connections are different.

My self I wouldn't pay over $150 for a HX35.

· Registered
2,578 Posts
Pass on both items.

The turbo is way over priced.

The injectors won't work with the VE pump. The spray angles are different on the tips. The pop presures are a lot higher than the VE can handle. The threads for the fuel line connections are different.

My self I wouldn't pay over $150 for a HX35.
:agree2: paid 80 bucks for mine. i just wanted a smaller housing.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thank you fellas i appreciate the help. If anyone knows anyone with an hx40 and used injectors let them know im looking for some to pm me about them. I need more power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.