Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 92 4x4 for parts and was wondering about the auto trans..my other truck is a getrag and want to know if the auto transfer case is same as the standard..also the converter has a piece broken off next to the groove where it drives the pump..it worked in the truck but is this something that should be replaced?..i only ask as I am going to sell tans and want to be up front with who buys it..also a guy at church asked about the auto for his 95 dodge cummins..is it the same as what he has?..also how does the converter come off of the flexplate..there isn't hardly any room to remove the bolts..thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
OK slow down there Bud first question No the Auto transfer case is not the same they are different spline auto is 23 manual is 29 as for the torque converter if the ear is broke the TC is Junk No it's not the same as a 95 his has lock up converter so your's won't fit right . as for pulling TC off of Flex plate look under turbo and by the cooler that is bolted on the Bracket there is a small round plug you have to take the bolt out but that will give you acess to the TC bolt's then everything will come apart .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks so much for the info I had a feeling about the tc and also about his trans and mine being diff..will look for the plug to get to the tc bolts..thanks again and have a great day

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok I know its been a while but work has been crazy..the question I have now is how do I tell if this is an overdrive auto or not and are the 1st gen trans and transfer cases still in demand..haven't seen any sell

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Sent you a PM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts