Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #241 · (Edited)
Sunday morning I had a friend help me to get the hood on. Then I pushed the truck into the side yard and try to line it up so that it would just roll underneath its bed.

Wheel Tire Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

After that, it was a tedious three hours of pushing the truck back turning the wheel to the left, pushing it back a little more turning the wheel to the right.... It really sucks trying to maneuver a heavy vehicle in wet grass that does not have an engine and will not drive itself.

Anyway 3 hours later, the bed is all on and bolted in place. I dragged out of the yard and pushed it back in the driveway then took some photos. Here's where it stands now.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Plant Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
1990 Dodge w250 12v Cummins (under construction). 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L
1,965 Posts
Sunday morning I had a friend help me to get the hood on. Then I pushed the truck into the side yard and try to line it up so that it would just roll underneath its bed.

View attachment 938076

After that, it was a tedious three hours of pushing the truck back turning the wheel to the left, pushing it back a little more turning the wheel to the right.... It really sucks trying to maneuver a heavy vehicle in wet grass that does not have an engine and will not drive itself.

Anyway 3 hours later, the bed is all on and bolted in place. I dragged out of the yard and pushed it back in the driveway then took some photos. Here's where it stands now.

View attachment 938080
View attachment 938079
View attachment 938077
Looking good. Yeah that doesn't sound like fun at all

1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250
2005 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L Cummins

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Couple days this week we had heavy rain here, as a result I got some water inside the cab.

Today I resealed the cab lights with clear rtv including the screw holes where they go down into the roof metal, I also applied a heavy dose of 3M bedding and glazing compound around the corners of the windshield. I ordered a new third brake light from LMC truck, because my old one is dry rotted and full of cracks on the rubber gasket.

The only other thing I did today was to install the front and rear bumpers and try to align front end sheet metal a little better.

Tire Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Happy Thanksgiving!

Ever since I bought this truck I was unable to get into the glove box, the little latch knob device was just seized and I could never get in there. The dashboard was also in lousy shape with a big hole in it and a bunch of cracks on the top.

When I went to remove the dashboard from the truck in order to repair the floors I had to bust the glove box door off of it to get to the bolts behind it which hold the dash to the cab. Also when I went to remove the small screws that hold the plastic dash to the firewall I discovered almost all of the holes in the plastic were busted and pulling away from the firewall.

The moral of the story is, I was going to have to replace the dash. I had a couple dashes to choose from that I had gotten with parts vehicles. I settled on a nice blue one that came out of the 85 w150.

So today I stripped down my original gray dash and transferred all of the wiring gauges radio and HVAC venting over to the blue dash. I first scrub down the dash real good with dish soap and water including the HVAC ductwork to make sure there was no rodent residue.

Brown Door Wood Rectangle Floor

Wood Bumper Gas Cable Automotive exterior

Water Water resources Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Gauge Wood Measuring instrument Steering wheel Steering part

Wood Audio equipment Vehicle Communication Device Cassette deck

Now it's ready to reinstall into the cab, but I'm going to eat some turkey first.

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
I've been trying to imagine what my truck would look like if I painted it completely solid white. This morning it was easy to do.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Plant Grille

On a serious note though, is anybody know of a source for HVAC cables? Mine has a busted end.

Gas Composite material Automotive exterior Flooring Rectangle

Wall Gas Electrical wiring Wood Composite material

Reactions: 5.7 Hemi

·
Registered
1990 Dodge w250 12v Cummins (under construction). 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L
1,965 Posts
Reactions: 5.7 Hemi

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 · (Edited)
It took a while to get here (13 days to be exact), but the Ford cargo light finally arrived from LMC truck.
@sdeeter19555 tipped me off to the fact that they are nearly identical to our 1st Gen lights on the back of the cab.
So I ordered one up because mine was leaking every time it rained due to the severely dry rotted and cracked rubber gasket that goes between the lamp and the cab.

I removed my original light and took a few photos for comparison.
This Ford cargo light is damn near exactly the same light!
It goes right in with no modification whatsoever.

Space bar Office equipment Office supplies Hood Font

241 - 250 of 250 Posts