Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

91 d250

2441 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Slow69Chevelle
what would you guys pay for a 91 d250 reg cab long bed
4x4 with a getrag 5sd and 132k on it. probably not the right spot but a mod can move it
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,971 Posts
a d250 is a 2 wheel drive, w250 is a 4x4. if it was in good shape, myself id pay over 5k if it was intercooled. some people ask a lot of money if they are rust free. got any pictures of it?

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that tells you how much i know about first gen trucks i seen it while i was driving down the road today stopped and looked at it and it seems to be rust free then i found it on craigslist i think they want a little to much for it the interior is about had it but i will let yall tell me

1991 Dodge Ram 250

· Registered
1,971 Posts
ill tell you what i paid for mine and what i had to do to it. 3500 flat out from the owner.

had to do...
brakes, shocks, bed was junk, rockers are gone, had to rebuild steering shaft, had to re-seal the power steering pump, needed tires and fill it up with fuel. Im sure i did more than that. mine had 142k on it when i bought it too.

In my opinion thats a lot of money. i think 6k would be ok but i cant say that im an expert on buying these trucks..

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did not even pay wat they are asking for my second gen but i still like you did put alot of time and money into it. but i thought it would make a nice truck to take to the truck pulls but i aint going to pay that for it

· Registered
2,578 Posts
it LOOKS like its worth 6500 max. go drive it and see what all problems you can find. if it has a death wobble give 4500. those are a pain to fix. check for fuel leaks. rust underneath the truck etc

· Registered
419 Posts
I had to pay $7500 for mine and it had 139K on it, was about as clean on the outside as the one in the ad. But my interior is in very good shape as well. I haven't really had to do anything major on it, just some general maintenance. These 1st gens are becoming very desirable and they hold their value fairly well. The fact that I live in California is partly why I had to pay so much. But for the most part if you find a clean 1st gen, they get pricey fast.

· Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all i would want to do with the truck is p-pump it fix the frontend head studs and o rings and a little bigger turbo and take it to the truck pull and be different with it

· Registered
419 Posts
Thanks Grizzly.

But I don't think low balling him is going to get you the truck. It looks pretty nice and other people will probably pay the amount he wants to have a clean 1st gen. If you do manage to pick it up, start looking for a 2nd gen P pump motor. Its more cost effective to replace the whole VE motor with a P pump motor, as I've been told the IP swap is quite involved.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.