Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 dodge 2500 4x4 5 spd. It has an AFE cold air intake, #12 fuel plate, new luke pro gold clutch, boost/pyro gauge, 4 " exhaust- straight, 5" lift w/ 35's. I just ordered a set of new 90 HP injectors for it. How hard are these to install and will I need anything extra( aftermarket fuel pump, etc.)?

·
Registered
368 Posts
are they ddps if so they should come with a blot that wil thread on to the top of the injector when i did mine i got the idea on here from a long time ago but what i did was fabd up a peice of 3/4" pipe about 1 1/8" long dont qote on me on that might have to play with it pull the retaing nut slide it over the injector and then thread the the nut that they send you you might have to put a little tourqe on it but no to much should pop right out i recommend a little anti seze on the retaining nut makes it a little easer to get them out some day

·
Registered
368 Posts
o ya be really carefull not to drop the banjo bolts on the fuel return line other wise ull be and a dodge dealer for a while tryen to find the right one

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
o ya be really carefull not to drop the banjo bolts on the fuel return line other wise ull be and a dodge dealer for a while tryen to find the right one
Been there ! :banghead: Thank goodness for connections got one with the copper washer ! :lol4:

But the injectors are really simple,did a set in 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a 97 dodge 2500 4x4 5 spd. It has an AFE cold air intake, #12 fuel plate, new luke pro gold clutch, boost/pyro gauge, 4 " exhaust- straight, 5" lift w/ 35's. I just ordered a set of new 90 HP injectors for it. How hard are these to install and will I need anything extra( aftermarket fuel pump, etc.)?
They are simple to install but just take your time. I just removed my lines completely so there was no chance that they would get bent.

are they ddps if so they should come with a blot that wil thread on to the top of the injector when i did mine i got the idea on here from a long time ago but what i did was fabd up a peice of 3/4" pipe about 1 1/8" long dont qote on me on that might have to play with it pull the retaing nut slide it over the injector and then thread the the nut that they send you you might have to put a little tourqe on it but no to much should pop right out i recommend a little anti seze on the retaining nut makes it a little easer to get them out some day
If you dont order from DDP you can always use a wheel lug nut.

·
Banned
1,202 Posts
They are simple to install but just take your time. I just removed my lines completely so there was no chance that they would get bent.

If you dont order from DDP you can always use a wheel lug nut.

yea i used a lug nut and some 1/2in pvc pipe cut to lenght as a puller!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts