Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
That looks really nice! What happened to the 7.3 in it? When I saw your truck at Merchant's last year it seemed to run really well for an IDI'er.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, I have the rest of the pics up, including the Interior Pics,..

DarrinGT's photos and albums on webshots

That looks really nice! What happened to the 7.3 in it? When I saw your truck at Merchant's last year it seemed to run really well for an IDI'er.
Thanks, I was loosing coolint for a while and knew that I had a head gasket issue that I would have to deal with. It actually broke on the Dyno at Merchants, but I didin't know it till the next weekend when I was hualling my 5ver.

SO I found another IDI with 10K on a Jasper Rebuild, installed that and it turned out to be a real oil burner motor, and had low compresson on one of the cylnder.

Then I ran across the Ford Cummins Doner truck and decided it was time for the Cummins, It is what I wanted to do anyway.

I may be back at Merchants this year and see what the Cummins will do. I figure I should have 100 more HP, 250 more torque, 4 to 5 MPG better, and have a motor with only 20K on a Cummins Reman.

Are you planning on going to Merchants this year?

G

·
Nope I won't be there this year. Good luck though. It really looks nice. Do you have any of your IDI parts left?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sold a lot of my IDI parts but still have some stuff, What do you need?

I may be parting out a couple of older IDI's Juat a couple of trucks that I need to decide what to do with, well see,....

Too bad you can't make it to Merchants, I was reading about it last night, sound like it is going to be a great time! I may try to make it and get the truck Dynoed and see what it does.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Looks awesome man, I used to have a '90 the same color. I love that WARN enforcer bumper too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts