Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up all? it looks like i found a home to start this thread. ive been on other sites, but from what ive seen, this one looks like it has the most information and the most traffic. i would like to detail my conversion step by step and get feed back and help from people.
i have a 1988 chevy crew cab dually that came with a 454 and a th400. the 454 dropped most of the exhaust valve seats in both heads. i had another 454 that i bored out to .100 over and used an eagle stroker kit with 1/4" extra stroke. i was gonna drop this bad boy in, but then, looking for rear glass for my burb, there it sat. a 94 ram with a cummins in it. i swear a light was beaming down from the heavens.
my buddy rob was a couple rows back looking at a sun visor for his dads van. he started talking about blah blah blah when i said, stfu and get over here. we have both been talking about this for awhile.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the truck i bought off of autotrader from some guy in jersey for 1500. my buddy and i spent 4 hrs at a local junk yard picking that motor out. all said and done it was $500 with motor, accessories, and tranny, and of course $50 tip. Those guys get all pissed when you ask them to move two cars out of the way to pull your motor. the 50 bucks was well worth it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I would kill to find a deal like that(and on that note, wait, nevermind:w:).I was happy to pick up my motor for $4,200. How many miles are on the motor?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there was 272k on the clock. when i got it home, i pulled the pan and she looked very clean. i also changed the valve cover gaskets and they looked clean as well. i have more pics as soo n as i get thm off my cell phone.

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
That is a great deal man. Were in jersey did you get that motor. I live in jersey and know people that are looking for 5.9s to do swaps and build up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no, i bought the truck in south nj. the motor was in a jy here in baltimore. i havent ever seen one in there before or since. just my lucky day. all there motor/tranny/acc combos are that price. ctds, hondas, beamers, and yugos.

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
That is a great deal man. Were in jersey did you get that motor. I live in jersey and know people that are looking for 5.9s to do swaps and build up.
not to hyjack but...if you need some where to get parts and drive trains from pm me i got a guy in south jersey, matter of fact his son is on here. maybe he'll chime in.

·
Registered
309 Posts
wow, killer deal man...wish I could find one like that around here....but on a side note....I have a 454 with a bent crank, and yes I mean a bent, not broken crank.....what are your plans for the other engine? I would gladly ship it over here for the right price....:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
motor sitting on the mounts, pic of the art 4 link (not to happy with it right now), and i broke out the welder to change my 3+3 to a 2+3. cut off the brackets from my burb buckets and put them in my dually.

·
Registered
309 Posts
looks good man....I gotta sit tight at the moment...things are a little tight, but I'll let you know if I can make something work!

·
Registered
648 Posts
what do you want for the 505?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts