Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

84 crew cab 2 wheel drive gasser lift question

1247 9
Ive been looking thru all the threads in the first gen section and could only find info on 4x4 lifts so figured id write a thread myself since I would get the info pertaining to what I need.
Im looking to lift my crew cab 3in front and rear and run 33s maxx. Whats in there right now im assuming by the looks is from 84. It feels like a Cadillac which im not complaining about but I want to sit a little higher and have a little stiffer feel. Ive been looking on amazon and saw some Moog 7226 coil springs for a decent price and and planned on throwing in 2in spacers and new shocks in the front and using taller blocks and u bolts and new shocks in the rear, Im not sure If im going to keep this truck since it has alot of rust above the windshield so Im trying to do everything on a tight budget so please keep that in mind,heres a picture of my rig.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Well you could do a Body lift or just convert it to 4x4 they are Simple to convert .Not sure if your going to get Much lift with the coil's the back would be easy just add block's but front is going to be the Problem child .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you could do a Body lift or just convert it to 4x4 they are Simple to convert .Not sure if your going to get Much lift with the coil's the back would be easy just add block's but front is going to be the Problem child .
If I could do the 4x4 swap I would. Im pretty sure I could figure it out with enough time but my tools are limited and I live in a neighborhood with an HOA and they are real s. I cant even park the truck in my driveway because the back sticks out like 4 inches into the sidewalk so they write me warnings for that alone not to mention were not allowed to work on vehicles in the driveway either. Ive worked on civics for a long time and had a few old Datsun trucks so looking at the front its similar to my old civics so I know I could do that pretty quick and ive lowered enough Datsun 521s with blocks so im comfortable there as well,anyone else got any info or maybe a dodge gasser forum that could give me some more info?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Where about's do you Live sound's like East coast but maybe you can find somebody close by that would help you out .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where about's do you Live sound's like East coast but maybe you can find somebody close by that would help you out .
I stay down here in San Diego near the Mexico border. I was thinking I could get some coil springs from a 2nd gen and just throw them on new shocks and that should take care of the front,what do you guys think? Or does anyone have some used ones for sale?

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Send me a PM I'm only 3 hr's north of you in the high desert .have a clean roof if you need 1

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was looking at that truck on CL a couple weeks ago but I didn't have the cash. I was going to convert it but that would be a pain with the HOA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was looking at that truck on CL a couple weeks ago but I didn't have the cash. I was going to convert it but that would be a pain with the HOA.
you mean a couple months ago? ive owned this for a few months now been pretty good truck just tired of the stance its at but its growing on me as long as i consider it being just a junk/parts picker upper. but im having a hard time everytime i see a cool old 1st gen thats fixed up. it gives me the itch to do something to this 1 haha

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't remember exactly how long ago it was but yeah. I have a 1992 SCLB 4x4 I was hoping to use as a donor to convert that one to a 4x4 Cummins crew. I was hoping to get it really cheap if it didn't pass smog. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking.

BTW, how bad is the rust on the roof?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.