Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 80hp sticks from Vulcan Performance. These things really wake up your truck. :headbang: I am surprised what a difference it made. So now I am getting a intake. So my question is now that I have more fuel is it more important to get a quadzilla and get more air or a mp-8 for more fuel? :confused013:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
quadzilla boost fooler is not going to give you more air for those stix...and mp8 will only add to the fire...you need turbo upgrades...not minor mods or modules

·
Registered
228 Posts
just curious, which injectors are you running?
Fireball?
DDP?

And how do you like them?

·
Registered
497 Posts
what are your egts now>????

·
Registered
849 Posts
If you don't have the money for the turbo upgrades right now I would go for the MP8 or one of the great programmers that are just now coming out. (XRT or Smarty)

·
Registered
262 Posts
quadzilla boost fooler is not going to give you more air for those stix...and mp8 will only add to the fire...you need turbo upgrades...not minor mods or modules
Actully if you read up on the quad, the more fuel your running= the more boost. For the price, a quad would be your best bet. A intake should come first though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
From RSD website

"You will be able to make as much turbo boost as possible with your fueling modifications. It is important to notice that the stock turbo's do have some limitations. If you desire extreme levels of turbo boost then you may need a larger, aftermarket turbocharger.
Horsepower gains will vary from 10hp on a stock truck up to 50hp on heavily modified trucks. EGT reductions will vary from 75 degrees on a stock truck up to 300 degrees on heavily modified trucks. "

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
dont forget about the awsome 68rfe we have,,you may want to think about that sometime before you start getting carried away,or we will be hearing about that soon? jmo thinkin of the weak link..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I believe they are 80hp. The where selling them as 120hp sticks on ebay but asked them to down grade them. I do love the sticks I think they are fireball. I know they did come in a Industrial Injection Dragon flow box. :confused013: They where sealed in the box. They told me they where remans from II and they would add 80hp tips for $400 dollars. The six injectors ran me 1400 with nozzles. I had to bad injectors on my truck so I figured to get all six for that price. The truck spins tires with no problems and rolls smoke when I am steppin on it hard. When it hits second it spins tires again. :headbang: My dad drove it and told me I am crazy. :hehe: I would say for the price Vulcan Performance hooked it up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I am getting a quadzilla. Now I found a deal on a mp-8 with the heads up display for 450. Its used. Is that a good deal? It says it tells me EGT's. How does it give me EGT's with out a probe? Does the truck have a egt sensor on its own? Its says " Features: EGT's, Boost, Fuel Pressure, RPM's " So will the boost be a false rating because of the quadzilla? So will have to get a boost gauge? Is thier anything else will have to monitor? Also what is a "safe" EGT range? Thanks guys for all the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts