Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought an 8" lift, need install advice.

Okay, so I lasted a whole 6 days in my new truck before I got the plastic card out. I have 37" Toyos in the garage and an 8" zone lift and 20x12 wheels on their way.

I'm not sure If i want to do the lift myself or have a shop do it though. The install instructions claim "6-8 hours", and I'm sure it would take me the better part of a weekend to do. There are two things I dont have any experience with though: installing the indexing ring/dropping the T-case, and installing rivnuts.

To those who have installed this kit: Should I go at it myself/with friends or pay a shop $500-$600 to do it? I have access to all the tools I need accept for jacks/jackstands, but I need to buy some anyways.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
revised the first post since I ordered everything.... bump!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a single reply? I guess I'll look elsewhere for advice.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Id say do it with your friends. Its pretty easy and straight forward. If i can do it my self u can do it with extea hands no problem

Reactions: Supergumby5000

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
If you feel comfortable with it and you have the time just tackle it yourself. It will give you some working knowledge of your truck's suspension and you'll know how to address any issues that come up later instead of just dropping it back off at the shop again.:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts