Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i want a lift and as high as i can afford. i was looking at top gun customs lifts and seen they had the 6in for 800 without shocks so about 1000 total. and i noticed they have a short arm 8 in for 1350 with shocks. my question is how will the 8 inch ride. i know the long arm would ride better but i have a family and you know how it is money wise. also will i have to do anything with my drive shafts other than change u joints every 15000 miles. i do not have a carrier baring so any input would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump bump bump

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on guys somone must have had some experence

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone run a short arm 8 in lift????????

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
If you are going super high like that short arms tend to ride real rough. the longer length of the long arms as well as the smaller angle will distribute the load to the frame better giving you a better ride. with short arms the angle will be so great that it will pretty much send the impact force of the bumps right into your seat

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
that short arm is going to be very rough..the long arm is worth the upgrade:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts