Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody else having issues with their 2018 8.4 Nav Screen delaminating between the the outer screen and the inner screen. I’ve been watching mine for several months and now it’s about half of the gosh darn screen.

·
Cummins Freak
3,550 Posts
Yes, there are multiple threads on the subject. Seems to be common on the 2018’s. Mine started a few months ago and I called Chrysler care and they hooked me up with U Connect. They called me the other day and said it will be covered 100 percent. New radio is supposed to be at the dealership this week. Will keep everyone updated on if they keep their word. They know it a problem on the 18’s..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lins

·
Registered
2018 Ram 3500 6.7L
43 Posts
Had the same problem with my 18. I bought a replacement screen (supposedly the updated version that doesn’t delaminate) and installed it. Easy job but time consuming as the the center dash needs to come apart to pull the radio.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I’ll check in the new screen

·
White Lightning
2022 RAM 5500 Tradesman Crew Cab & Chassis 4X4
15,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is your mileage and in-service date?
I bought it 1/18/2018 and have 63,700 something. I have a full tilt extended warranty I purchased with the truck so I need to read it and
See if it’s covered under the warranty

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Cummins Freak
3,550 Posts
My truck was out of the three year warranty period but they are still covering it because they know it is a issue with the 2018’s. Not a recall but a bulletin I think. I would try to get them to replace it first.

·
White Lightning
15,747 Posts
I bought it 1/18/2018 and have 63,700 something. I have a full tilt extended warranty I purchased with the truck so I need to read it and See if it’s covered under the warranty
Gonna try to tag @RamCares to see if they’ll offer you an assist......
My truck was out of the three year warranty period but they are still covering it because they know it is a issue with the 2018’s. Not a recall but a bulletin I think. I would try to get them to replace it first.
My 2018 Dodge Challenger T/A was well within warranty time wise and mileage (12,000 or so) and my 8.4 NAVI went bad.....and it was a garage kept car as well.

In a nutshell......it is (IMO) an issue that occurs all over the place.

·
Cummins Freak
3,550 Posts

My 2018 Dodge Challenger T/A was well within warranty time wise and mileage (12,000 or so) and my 8.4 NAVI went bad.....and it was a garage kept car as well.

Yes, it’s not just the Trucks!! It’s all 8.4’s in all 2018 year FCA. I tried to contact @RamCares but never got a response. So I called 1-800-992-1997 and they started a case with U Connect .

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, it’s not just the Trucks!! It’s all 8.4’s in all 2018 year FCA. I tried to contact @RamCares but never got a response. So I called 1-800-992-1997 and they started a case with U Connect .

Thanks for the contact number, I’ll give them a call today.

Reactions: SRich12

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well…..I called the number and it FCA care center, talked to the person about the issue. I heard him typing and bottom line is I need to go to the dealer. I’ve called the dealer I purchased it from and had to leave a message…..Ya will see if I get a call be. I did read my extended warranty and it will cover the radio system.

And let the games begin.

·
Cummins Freak
3,550 Posts
Well…..I called the number and it FCA care center, talked to the person about the issue. I heard him typing and bottom line is I need to go to the dealer. I’ve called the dealer I purchased it from and had to leave a message…..Ya will see if I get a call be. I did read my extended warranty and it will cover the radio system.

And let the games begin.
Yes, I had to take mine to the dealer so they could get the numbers off the back of the radio to send to Ram cares. Still waiting to hear from the dealer that my new radio has come in!!

Reactions: Duelly Dad

·
Registered
138 Posts
Any update on this? I bought my 18 in March and the radio is delaminating and "ghost" pressing the clock . I'm well outside of warranty also.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

·
Cummins Freak
3,550 Posts
They replaced mine with a new one. Call Ram cares and they will get you in touch with U connect.

·
White Lightning
15,747 Posts
Any update on this? I bought my 18 in March and the radio is delaminating and "ghost" pressing the clock . I'm well outside of warranty also.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Gonna perform a “mention” here and hopefully they’ll reach out to you....

@RamCares

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine started freaking out about a week and half ago, I did call Ram cares and they won’t replace it do to I‘m way past the manufactures warranty. I bought an added warranty when I purchased the truck with a zero deductible that covered everything for 125,000 and it covers this issue so made and appointment at the dealer in town for July 18th and there also going to deal with the outstanding TSBs with exception of welding the drag link nut because I’ve replaced it years ago.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts