Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my conversion here for just a little while now and i have been thinking of this. How long are my D60 and D44 going to hold up to the 37" tires and the 12V? At around $400 a tire, i don't peel wheel or drive like an . I drive it easy. I don't pull trailers, just 2 sleds on the flatbed.
So to those with similar setups, are these axles time bombs? Or should i be in good shape for awhile driving it as described above.
If you got a D80, are the 8 lug patterns the same as the D60?
Thanks

·
Registered
123 Posts
The dana 60 rear will be fine for what you're doing. With 37's on a dana 44 you're pushing it's limits. Are you sure that you don't have a 205?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I put the dana 80 under my 77 F-250 mostly for the 3.54 gears. The rims that were on the dana 60 fit just fine on the 80. I'm currently running the dodge rims on the truck.

My decision to run the 80 had little to do with the strength of the dana 60 rear. It was more based on the gearing I wanted 3.54 compare to 4.10s in the dana 60, and also the fact I couldn't get the money I thought the 80 was worth. So I put it to good use.

I'd be a little weary of the 44 front with 37s. My truck is currently a 2wd as I was anxious to drive it and was having trouble with finding the correct mounting for the divorced np205 t-case. So I haven't explored the torque handling of a dana 44 front just yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts