Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 727 pan interchange onto a 47RE? I see them lumped together on ebay as 727/47RE? But you can pick up "727" pans cheaper. They look the same. Course that's only comparing images and not actual measurements.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now that I research it a little more, doesn't look like a "deep" 727 pan is an upgrade to a 47RE. Deep 727's are ~3", About the same as a stock 47RE pan.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I got a "deep" 727 pan (with a drain plug), and it was the same size as the stock 727 pan on my truck... Maybe the "Torqueflites" had a deep pan stock.

But, the same "deep" 727 pan fit onto the A518 I got. So I'd imagine that a 47RE is the same pan as an A518, which is the same pan as a 727.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I got a "deep" 727 pan (with a drain plug), and it was the same size as the stock 727 pan on my truck... Maybe the "Torqueflites" had a deep pan stock.

But, the same "deep" 727 pan fit onto the A518 I got. So I'd imagine that a 47RE is the same pan as an A518, which is the same pan as a 727.
The 727 pan is much shallower than the pans in our rigs. They will physically bolt in but if you replace your 47RE pan with a "deep" 727 pan you won't really gain anything unless it has a drain plug. :lol3: :lol3: :peelout They actually will not bolt in because the filter hangs down farther but the pattern is the same. :thumbsup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts